Just a night to sleep. But it happens that such a night becomes the last for some unlucky anglers. This happened the year before the winter season on the Volga, when dead fishermen were found in a burnt tent, who were apparently poisoned by carbon monoxide at first, and then burned in a tent that burst into flames from a gas stove, which probably fell with the fallen man.
Even in a one-wall summer tent, it is necessary to open the window when the house is heated with gas stove or tea or food is prepared on it. The modern materials from which the tents are made are quite dense. Therefore, carbon monoxide accumulates even in such seemingly blown shelters, especially if the tent is additionally covered with a cover made of polyethylene and thrown with snow on the sides for better heat retention.
It is better to purchase a tile with a ceramic burner that heats the tent, boils tea and soup without open fire. At the same time, the heat from such a burner is no less than that from a conventional burner with open flame.
During the night in the dugout
In a dugout, which is usually heated by a simple stove-potbelly stove, it is necessary to ensure that the stove does not heat up until a blush appears on the tin sides. At least where there is no protection in the form of a metal or asbestos shield between the log wall of the dugout and the stove. If the housing is done wisely, then such a shield should be laid between the stove and the wall. Often, the red hot side of the stove first makes the wall smolder, from which the house begins to fill with smoke. And then the dugout flares up like a matchbox. This happens when the fishermen, taking after fishing from the stock, sleep soundly and do not feel smoke.
Some anglers who do not respect themselves, those around them, and housing where they spend the night often throw bull-calves right under the bunks, where there may be cooked and drying firewood for the stove, and sometimes there is an old dry fern or fir spruce tree, removed from the bunk when replacing the litter with new and fresh. This also often causes a fire.
Sparks from the fire
During a campfire night in the forest, the main danger is sparks from a campfire. Despite the seeming harmlessness of small sparks, they often become a cause of ignition of fisherman’s clothes. Although wadded clothing is becoming a rarity in our century of syntepon and holofiber, many anglers still wear wadded officer jackets and the same trousers. And such a small sparkle soon becomes a scarlet blossoming bud on a cotton suit, and then trousers or a jacket begin to smolder. Moreover, quite often trampling clothes in the snow does not help, and even pouring water over it. Soon cotton wool decay begins again. This can continue until the morning, when huge holes form on the quilted jackets. This is at best. When a fisherman sleeps drunk, such an overnight stay can end badly, especially if he alone sleeps around the campfire or his companions are in the same condition.
In the yard – the end of February. And ravines are already beginning to appear. First of all, holes in ice with black water running through them form on small rivers with a fast and uneven flow. Especially if there is a swarm under the water or a tree that has fallen into the water lies. In addition, ravines form on the shallows where streams of currents are encountered. And although having fallen into a ravine, you can get to the bottom, and the water in such a place is waist-deep, but still the fishing can be said to be finished and you still have to get to your home in damp clothes, and the air temperature may turn out to be winter-like. Therefore, during this period it is necessary to carefully monitor the ice situation.